1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar on high for five minutes until mixture turns to light yellow color and thickens.. Add lemon juice and pumpkin. Once incorporated fold in flour, pumpkin spice and baking powder. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. When slightly cooled, turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper.
- To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
- Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar, if desired.